Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Interview with Don Panakkal Great Talented Photographer


Don Panakkal

I'm an engineer by profession, but i was always so passionate about photography and it was my biggest escape. I always find it so relaxing and find joy in taking beautiful photographs..

What inspired you to get into photography?
Even when i was a small kid i use to shoot using those mobile cams later on i found myself that i should take it more professional approach. My mothers elder brother who was running a studio in Saudi Arabia was my biggest inspiration.

Who inspired you in start?
The biggest inspiration was my friends and the satisfaction it offered when clicking pics. Every little thing looks so beautiful when its shot in the perfect timing and light.even some books like Paulo Coelhos the alchemist was one of my biggest inspiration during the start.

What problems did you face to achieve your career?
The main problem is the cost of gears. And insufficient funding makes it always difficult to get the new gears and take it to next level. But i always make it a point that i give the maximum out of my available resources.

Who have you worked with?

I have worked with a studio in Chennai with Dhanasekara man who gave me many opportunities and many offers so that i had a much bigger platform and exposure. I always enjoyed shooting portfolios with Dhanasekar.


What are results of your achievements?
My photo was shortlisted for audition in Indian institute of photography. One of the pics was critically acclaimed by Nat Geo and it won several competitions for photography across Kerala..

How do you see the work nowadays in your field, popular or not?
The competition seems to be much tougher. I don think all these courses and theories gonna help one to achieve in photography. All what count is field knowledge your creativity and stay updated in business. The tough horse wins the race.

What are your plans for the future?
I have a plan for taking this photography much serious and take it to the next level. And i have even planned to open commercial services like candid wedding photography, wildlife and fashion photography.


Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donpanakkalphotography





































Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make us happy by your comment..:)